Plano False Accusation Lawyer
While sexual assault charges are very serious, especially when it involves a minor child, there are also many cases where a person is falsely accused of a crime they did not commit. Unfortunately, false accusations are quite common and are devastating to the individual who has been wrongly accused.
If you have been arrested or accused of a crime you did not commit, you should speak with a criminal defense attorney right away. Your reputation and future are at stake, and here at Barbieri Law Firm, P.C., our Plano false accusations lawyers do not take this lightly. Our team is dedicated to aggressively defending you to help you avoid a conviction.
How We Can Provide Assistance
The types of false accusation cases we defend include:
- Child pornography
- Child molestation
- Internet sex crimes
- Indecent exposure
- Lascivious conduct
- Statutory rape
- Sexual abuse
After being falsely accused of any of these crimes, it is crucial to reach out to an attorney in Plano who can fight on your behalf to have the charges dropped.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE FALSELY ACCUSED
Being falsely accused of a crime can be terrifying, frustrating, and emotionally overwhelming. If you find yourself facing false accusations in Texas, here are some steps that you can take to protect yourself:
- Remain calm: Avoid impulsively or aggressively reacting to the situation, as this will only make things worse.
- Seek legal advice: One of the most important steps to take is to reach out to an experienced criminal defense lawyer immediately. They can listen to your story, figure out all your legal options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in court.
- Gather evidence: Collect text messages, e-mails, witness statements, video footage, or any other relevant documents that could prove your innocence in the face of false accusations. Keep the evidence safe.
- Don't talk to the police: Exercise your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent and not speak to the police until you have a lawyer present. Remember, anything you say can be used against you, even if you're innocent.
- Cooperate with the investigation: While you must protect your rights, you should still cooperate with the investigation. Have your attorney advise you on how to avoid incriminating yourself.
- Maintain a positive reputation: False accusations can be damaging to your reputation. Even if you are being falsely accused, continue to act and behave in a responsible and professional manner.
CONTACT A PLANO FALSE ACCUSATIONS ATTORNEY RIGHT AWAY
When you entrust your defense to our firm, you can rest assured that we care about the outcome of your case, and we are available for your questions and concerns. Our Plano false accusations lawyers work as a team to handle caseloads to ensure that our clients get the full measure of resources available to them.
Contact our firm today to schedule an appointment for a case consultation.
Areas of Practice Strategic Defense On Your Side
A Word from Heather
We Will Never Give Up
“When individuals come to us seeking legal assistance, they are often in a vulnerable situation. We will never take advantage of the distressed state a client is in, but rather will stand by his or her side from start to finish, never giving up.”
-Heather Barbieri, Founding Attorney